The Philadelphia Youth Commission (PYC) works with the City, community organizations, nonprofits, and private entities to improve the lives of Philadelphia’s youth. Members of the PYC:
- Advise the Mayor, City Council, Philadelphia Schools, and other decision-makers on issues relating to young people.
- Comment on legislation and policies that impact youth.
- Create public service programs that improve the lives of youth.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of youth programs and policies.
- Partner with neighborhood youth organizations on shared issues.